- Ready to Learn
- Our Curriculum Intent
- Independent Learning
- Post 16 Information
- Relationships & Sex Education
- Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance
- Personal Development
- Student Wellbeing
- Character Education
- Trips, Clubs and Enrichment
- Student Leadership and Student Voice
- The Hub
- Remote Learning
- Year 9 Options
- Year 11 Options
- Exams Information
Our approach to assessment:
- Assessments are a vital part of the learning process. They take place frequently in lessons, with tests, presentations and practice exam tasks built into the curriculum.
- Assessments allow teachers to check understanding effectively, and to identify and correct misunderstandings.
- Assessments allow students to embed and use their knowledge and to develop their understanding.
- Verbal and written feedback on assessments is shared with students as part of the learning process. Progress in every subject is reported to parents via reports to parents and at Parents’ Evening.
In addition to continuous assessment in lessons, students sit the following formal assessments:
Year 7 CATs (Cognitive Ability Test)
Year 7, 8 and 9 end of year exams
Year 7, 8 and 9 reading age assessments
Year 10 end of year mock GCSE exams
Year 11 mock GCSE exams
Year 11 GCSE examinations
Year 12 end of year mock A Level and Applied exams
Year 13 mock A Level and Applied exams
Year 13 A Level and Vocational Exams