- Ready to Learn
- Our Curriculum Intent
- Independent Learning
- Post 16 Information
- Relationships & Sex Education
- Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance
- Personal Development
- Student Wellbeing
- Character Education
- Trips, Clubs and Enrichment
- Student Leadership and Student Voice
- The Hub
- Remote Learning
- Year 9 Options
- Year 11 Options
- Exams Information
At BVGA we aim to develop independence, autonomy and a love of learning in all our students. They are expected to take the leading role in their own educational journey and become confident learners, confident communicators, and confident future citizens. We believe that learning is for life, not just for the classroom.
To support Independent Learning, we use a range of online platforms, including Office 365 SharePoint and Teams. Subject teachers will advise students on the online platforms for their subject.
Key Stage 3
Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
In Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5, we expect students to take even greater responsibility for their own learning. Teachers support this by ensuring all students are aware of the following information:
- Exam board and specification
- Course content
- Key knowledge, skills, vocabulary and reading
- How students are assessed
- When students are assessed.
Independent learning includes tasks designed to consolidate learning in lessons, as well as coursework completion, revision and exam question practice in preparation for assessments and final examinations.
In Year 11 and Year 13 students are offered a range of extra opportunities to support their independent learning. These include:
- Study guides and textbooks
- Online independent learning
- Exams masterclasses and lectures
- One-to-one and small group support
- Independent Learning Study Base and The Hub