- Welcome from the Headteacher
- Our Vision and Values
- Admissions 2023-24
- Senior Leadership Team
- Faculty Leaders
- Pastoral Team
- Our Policies
- Performance and Exam Results
- Pupil Premium Strategy
- Equality & Diversity
- British Values
- CPD and Leadership Development
- Teacher Training
- BVGA Alumni
- About BDAT
Belle Vue Girls was founded in 1877 and we are one of the oldest non-selective girls’ schools in the country. We are proud of our rich Bradford heritage and the contribution that our academy has made to the education and lives of the girls and women of Bradford for over one hundred and forty years. Since 2016, Belle Vue Girls’ Academy has been part of the Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust (BDAT) family of schools.
We are a popular academy with a reputation for consistently high educational standards and excellent pastoral care. We are committed to providing an exceptional educational experience for all, empowering our students to become confident learners, confident communicators, and confident future citizens. See the Vision and Values page of the website to find out more.
We are consistently among the top performing schools in Bradford and in the ‘well above average’ category nationally for student progress. In 2019 we were awarded ‘Leading Edge’ status by the SSAT in recognition of our excellent outcomes. In 2022 we celebrated our best ever GCSE, A Level and Applied Vocational outcomes; testament to the hard work and commitment of our students and staff. The vast majority of our students continue to study with us in our popular and successful Sixth Form, where we offer a broad range of A Level and Applied Vocational qualifications. Students continue to make excellent progress, achieving outcomes which allow them to progress successfully to university or an apprenticeship. See the Performance and Outcomes page on the website for more details.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection was in December 2021, and this confirmed that the Academy continues to be Good in all areas. The report stated that:
- Pupils at Belle Vue Girls’ Academy are proud of their school.
- Pupils say that behaviour in lessons is good. They enjoy being able to focus on their work without disruption.
- There is a calm, positive learning atmosphere in classrooms.
- Pupils are respectful and kind towards one another
- Staff have high expectations of what pupils can achieve. They have established a curriculum that enables pupils to succeed academically.
- Over time, pupils have made strong progress by the end of key stage 4. Leaders have a clear vision for the curriculum.
- Safeguarding is at the forefront of leaders’ minds. There is a strong culture of safeguarding in the school.
We have a thriving Belle Vue Girls’ Academy Alumni, with former students continuing to make a significant contribution long after they have left us. If you are a former Belle Vue girl and interested in getting involved, please see the Alumni page of our website.
Please explore the website and follow us on Twitter to find out more about our wonderful academy and the achievements of our students.